Marmalade d'orange | Grapefruit and Timut Carving Seasoning
For 8 people:
- 1 lemon
- 800 gr of caster sugar or special jam
- Wash the oranges well in lukewarm water.
- Cook the oranges for 25 minutes in boiling water.
- Drain the oranges, cut them in half and juice them.
- Then remove the inner part (white skin between the quarters).
- Mince the orange peels and the lemon then pass through a potato masher.
- Mix the remaining peels.
- Mix the orange peel puree and the juice.
- Add sugar, vanilla, honey and anise to your preparation.
- Leave to cook over low heat, once the preparation begins to gel on the edges of the pan, remove from the heat.
- Boil water to sterilize your jam jars.
- Then pour the boiling marmalade into your jars and keep the lid down until the preparation has completely cooled.
- Enjoy on bread accompanied by a few shavings of Grapefruit and Timut seasoning.