Caramel apple balls | Seasoning to cut Chilli or Basil
- 2 large apples
- 1L of water
- 250gr de sucre
- 1/2 citron
- 100gr of sugar
- 3 cases of water
- 10cl of cream
- Peel the apples, then form small balls of apples using an apple melon baller.
- Sprinkle them with lemon juice to prevent them from oxidizing.
- In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, vanilla and the rest of the lemon juice.
- Once boiling, cook for a few minutes.
- Dip the apple balls in the syrup.
- Remove them once they are soft.
- In a saucepan, pour the water and sugar. Remove once the mixture begins to caramelize.
- Pierce the apple balls, coat them with still hot caramel.
- Once you have the desired number of apple balls, incorporate the cream into the remaining caramel to make a sauce to accompany your apples.
- Arrange on your plate between plain apples and apples coated with caramel, serving the sauce separately.
- Cut a few shavings of Chilli Seasonings of your choice, or Basil.
A word from the Food Savant:
We advise you to accompany this dessert with the Reaper or Trinidad pepper. These peppers will spice up your fairly mild dish. The sweet side (between syrup, caramel and caramel sauce) will go perfectly with a hot pepper. The chilli will thus break this too sweet side, avoid excess sugar while boosting your dessert by adding a touch of fun...and chilli!