For 1 pie:
- 500 g of strawberries
- 150 g of flour
- 80 g of butter
- 100 g of icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pinch of salt
- 40 cl of milk
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 3 egg yolks
- 80 g of sugar
- 40 gr of cornstarch
- 40 g of butter
For the dough:
- Soften the butter using a fork.
- Add the icing sugar and mix well to obtain a homogeneous cream.
- Incorporate the egg yolks then add the flour and the salt.
- Mix to obtain a ball of dough then put it in the refrigerator.
For the cream:
- Heat the milk with the half vanilla pod.
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture whitens then incorporate the cornstarch in rain.
- Add the hot milk and return to the heat to thicken the cream.
- Mix continuously for 2 minutes and remove the cream from the heat.
- Book cool.
- Roll out the dough and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180°C.
- Mix the cream by adding the butter in pieces.
- Remove the pie shell from the oven and let cool.
- Pour your cream into the bottom of the pie, arrange the cut strawberries and enjoy with basil shavings.